http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

NYC Gossip Girl

Life in NY - It's Not All Sex and The City

Google

Friday, April 08, 2005

Shake Shack

Buzz, buzz, buzz.
There has been so much buzz about Danny Meyer's recently opened (2nd year in a row) Shake Shack in Madison Square Park (23rd @ Madison). So I gave in and took the last of my unemployed dollars to have lunch there yesterday - it was a beautiful day to eat outdoors, 77 degrees and mild.
Unfortunately, the food did not live up to the hype with the exception of the shake, a wonderfully sweet (a bit too sweet?) frothy concoction. The burger was rather small, rather undercooked and cold. What little they did put of the 'special sauce' was relegated to the bottom of the sandwich. The fries are really bland - how could they use frozen fries? No one would believe these fries to be anything but frozen - they taste like cardboard.
As I said, the shake was great if a bit sweet (I ordered the caramel) and also a bit on the small side (for $4.00, you'd expect a slightly larger drink).
Now I know and I can spend $11.00 elsewhere.
I'd recommend you go just so you're not the only one who hasn't. But not worth going back for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home