http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

NYC Gossip Girl

Life in NY - It's Not All Sex and The City

Google

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Summer Hiatus Over; The Return of Angelina

I've been having too much fun this summer to write but thought I'd try to get back into it.

The best celebrity sighting I've had thus far was seeing Angelina Jolie. Last Friday while shopping at Saks, there was a buzz throughout the store. Outside, there were three paparazzi who claimed that Katie Holmes or someone 'big' like that was inside. I asked around and sure enough, Angelina Jolie had been perusing the pricey, designer handbags a minute ago (first floor near the escalators). I was told that she ventured upstairs. So I did what any US Weekly, Star reader would do, I followed her.

I took the escalator to the second floor (Donna Karan, Polo, and other high end styles on this floor) and it was quite empty. But to my left I could see a small group of people gathered around one woman. And there she was - like the star she is. She looked amazing. She's absolutely breathtaking. No wonder Brad fell for her.

She had her new baby, Zahara, in a baby bjorn facing her. The baby was cute and had a bottle in her mouth. Angelina had her partially swept off her face and was sporting streaky blonde highlights (I think she looks better as a brunette). She was wearing blue jeans (wow, she is skinny, her legs looked like toothpicks) and she had a long black top on. Everyone is speculating that she's pregnant but it was hard to see her stomach given the baby's position in the bjorn.

Her face is exquisite. Flawless and just the hint of red lipstick. But given how skinny she's become, she does seem to have a big head.

She was wearing tiny heels but she didn't appear as tall as she does in the movies. I'd say she was maybe 5' 6" tops. On imdb, it says she's 5' 8" but she didn't look it and we all know stars lie about their age, weight and height.

I didn't want to approach her (New Yorkers are too cool for that) but she was very nice and obliging to everyone who said hello or congratulations. She even signed some Saks sales reciepts. So, I passed by and said, "Congratulations." She smiled and said, "thank you." Of course, I was congratulating her on Brad Pitt (who was nowhere in sight; neither was Maddox) but she didn't need to know that.

Worth the trip to Saks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home