http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

NYC Gossip Girl

Life in NY - It's Not All Sex and The City

Google

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

TV roundup: 24 Amazing, The Bachelor, Not So Great


Just me and my 24 back here... 

The best and worst of TV.

Last night, I watched another episode of 24. Wow, what a great show! I am amazed at how, week after week, they create an exciting, intelligent, well-written show, unlike most of the drivel on TV.

Speaking of drivel, I also watched the train wreck that is The Bachelor (Tivo'd it and watched 24 live). Charlie O'Connell is no Jerry O'Connell. In an attempt to attract viewers (any will do), they had a cameo by Jerry (finally). I think the one thing that this cameo succeeded in doing is showing that the wrong brother is on the show.

Jerry is cute (Charlie is not - he looks like a beat up, poorer version of his brother), Jerry seems sweet and charming (Charlie does not, how can anyone sound sweet with that thug accent of his?), Jerry is successful (Charlie is not - what exactly is it that Charlie does? According to his bio, he's an actor. Oh really? How come we've never heard of him?). Case closed.

Oh, and the sage advice Jerry gave his younger brother? No hot tub scenes - don't do any - it'll get you into trouble. Oh really? I think this show needs all the trouble it can get. The ratings have been disappointing and I think the worst out of any of the bachelor shows.

Having said all of this, I do enjoy watching parts of the show, like when the girls fight over him. A sad state of affars but nonetheless, entertaining to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home