http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

NYC Gossip Girl

Life in NY - It's Not All Sex and The City

Google

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rumor Has It...

This movie stinks.
So much hype and publicity because of poor Jennifer Aniston; perhaps that's part of the problem.

I saw a preview of this movie last night and I have to say that I was disappointed. Actually, judging by the commercials, I could tell this was movie was going to stink. The plot is insipid, Jennifer Aniston cannot act (she just plays 'Rachel' in practically every movie) and Shirley Maclaine plays the same part she's played all year - wise-cracking, know-it-all grandmother. Mark Ruffalo is adorable and utterly wasted in his role.

At first I felt bad for the writer of this movie (Ted Griffin - Oceans 11) because he was also the director. But he was allegedly fired by Jennifer Aniston and some of the other producers and replaced by Rob Reiner. I'm a fan of Rob's. He's done amazing work but even he couldn't save this dud. But the writing is not funny and there are many boring scenes that take so long to make a point.

And to have to watch Jennifer Aniston in every scene of this movie was grating and painful. To say that she is aesthetically not pleasing would be an under-statement. She has that annoying voice and that face - but her face! I will admit that for a near 40-year-old, she has a great body but she has an awful, weird-looking face (weird jaw like half her face is missing) and the biggest, floppiest ears I have seen on anyone besides an elderly man. And this is the result of plastic surgery? What did she look like before the nose job, the injections, the implants, the bleached hair? There is a lot of severe air-brushing, makeup and lighting effects on the movie poster because she does not look good in the movie.

I'm so glad I didn't pay to see this movie. It plays like a long, bad sitcom episode. NWI - not worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home